There are a number of external funding schemes which offer support for the development of collaborative activity with international partners, including:
- Newton Fund: building science and innovation capacity in developing countries
- UKIERI (UK India Education and Research Initiative): to fund activity with partners in India
- CONICYT: a government agency responsible for coordinating, promoting and aiding scientific research in Chile. Opportunities for short term stay in Chile for foreign researchers and accredited programs
The European Commission's international co-operation programmes in higher education and training include:
- Erasmus+: enhancing quality in higher education through scholarships and academic co-operation worldwide;
- Jean Monnet programme: promoting teaching and research on European integration;
- ALFA III: supporting co-operation between higher education institutions in the EU and Latin America.
The International Unit also advertise funding opportunities.