Supporting your learning journey
The College of Social Sciences' Student Experience Team provides support for students' academic learning, skills and employability, and student transitions.
We have a wide range of employability opportunities and certificated skills courses open to all students in the College of Social Sciences.
Find out more about our College Employability Programme and skills courses and start earning your digital badges today!
We have a range of courses and resources designed to support students at all levels with the transition to and through University. The majority of our provision is embedded, what this means is that you're most likely to encounter our support through your programme of study within your course Moodles.
- Induction and orientation for new undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Student success via our On Track mentoring programme
- Wellbeing and community-building through peer-to-peer activities
In academic year 2023-24 we will be launching a new suite of standalone courses and resources to support you at every stage of your studies. All students in the College of Social Sciences will have access to these courses and topics that will include:
- Tackling Imposter Syndrome
- Uncovering the "Hidden Curriculum"
- Effective Strategies for Independent Study