The College of Arts aims to provide flexible, accessible research support to our diverse community of researchers. The aim of the College Research Office is to foster and enhance research activity across the College by:
- working with the College Management Team on the development, implementation and monitoring of the College’s Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy and Policy;
- liaising with academic staff in Schools and across the College to support and develop research funding proposals;
- co-ordinating College Unit of Assessment (UoA) submissions to the Research Excellence Framework (REF); and
- collaborating with ArtsLab to promote interdisciplinary research and knowledge exchange both within the College and beyond.
The College Research Office supports the Dean of Research, Prof Catherine Steel, and is headed up by Ashley Theunissen, Head of College Research Support.
College Research Support Team
- Professor Catherine Steel, Dean of Research
- Ashley Theunissen, Head of College Research Support
- Fraser Rowan, College Knowledge Exchange & Impact Manager
- Professor Dauvit Broun, ArtsLab Director
- College Research Office: email@example.com
The purpose of Arts Lab is to support and encourage research and interdisciplinary collaboration within the College of Arts, and to promote productive research links not only with other Colleges but also with the University’s great collections. It also aims to promote collaboration beyond the University, particularly (though not exclusively) with the cultural sector in the City of Glasgow.
Arts Lab offers help to researchers through personal advice, through supporting research networks for the exploration of common interests, and through workshops and other events. It aims to identify and encourage areas of shared engagement on which future collaborative and individual research strengths might be built. Arts Lab is conceived of as a space open to all colleagues, from postgraduates and early career researchers to senior scholars willing to share their expertise.