Fees and funding
Fees for all courses must be paid in full on enrolment. We accept cheques and card payments (Visa and Mastercard).
Please note: we can only accept one form of payment per course booking. For example, if a course is £100, the full payment needs to be made in the form of a cheque OR a card payment and not a combination of the two.
Part-time Fee Grant (SAAS:Student Awards Agency for Scotland)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SAAS PART-TIME FEE GRANT FUNDING
We are delighted to say that we are now supporting a trial process with SAAS so that students can now apply for SAAS Part-Time Fee Grant funding. This trial is mentioned on the SAAS website in the Part-time Forms section here -https://www.saas.gov.uk/forms) However, there are some changes to the process of applying for a Part-Time Fee Grant because SAAS are unable to receive postal applications. It is therefore ESSENTIAL that before completing your Part-Time Fee application you view the process at the link to Information on PTFG below.
If you plan to study courses totalling 30 credits or more, you may be eligible to apply for the part-time fee grant (PTFG) which can contribute towards course fees.
Students in receipt of certain state benefits or those who are earning £25,000 or less per year including any private and state pensions may be eligible.
To download an application pack with completion guidelines please visit the Student Awards Agency for Scotland(SAAS) website or Tel: 0300 300 3137.
If you are considering using SAAS funding, please read the following points carefully:
- A new process has been put in place that will affect the way we enrol students using PTFGs. View information on the PTFG process
- It is important that you apply for funding for all your courses at the same time because if you add further modules during the year you will not receive any SAAS funding and you will need to fund them yourself.
- Part-time fee grant will not cover the full cost of your course. To find out the SAAS contribution View the PTFG award calculator, ensuring that they 'Type of Course' field displays 'HN and other non-degree'.
- If you withdraw from some of your courses and the total amount of credit you are taking is less than 30 credits you will no longer be eligible for a Part-Time Fee Grant and will need to fund the courses you have taken yourself
- The grant does not cover material and/or field course costs.