Dr Robert Liñeira
- Lecturer in Politics (Politics)
I am Lecturer in Politics at the School of Social and Political Sciences at the University of Glasgow.
I previously was Assistant Professor at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (2018-2019) and Research Fellow at the University of Edinburgh (2014-2017). I received my PhD from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
My research focuses on public opinion and political behaviour, in particular, on territorial politics issues such as voting in multilevel contexts, citizen preferences regarding the territorial constitution in multinational polities, and vote choice in referendums.
I primarily employ quantitative methods, including both observational and experimental data.
I am happy to supervise PhD students examining:
- Political behaviour
- Public opinion
- Comparative politics
- Territorial politics
- Scottish and Catalan politics
- Survey research
- Politics 1A: Introduction to Politics (pre-Honours undergraduate).
- European Politics (Honours undergraduate).
- Comparative European Politics (postgraduate).