Dr Niccole Pamphilis
- Lecturer (Politics)
Niccole Pamphilis (Ph.D. 2012, Michigan State University, Political Science) is a Lecturer in Quantitative Social Sciences (appointed 2014).
She is the current Director of the University of Glasgow's Q-Step Centre and helped create six "with quantitative methods" degree programmes in the School of Social and Political Sciences (SSPS). Her work with Glasgow Q-Step has focused on increasing data literacy and statistical training amongst undergraduates in SSPS. Additionally, Niccole has worked on increasing exposure and comfort with quantitative data in social sciences in secondary and primary schools throughout Scotland the the UK.
Niccole's research interests focus on the individuals' perceptions of responsibility and the connection between perceptions and observable behaviours, primarily in voting.
In addition to teaching at the quantitative methods courses at the University of Glasgow, Niccole has been involved in summer training sessions through the Scottish Graduate School of Social Sciences' Summer School and the Inter-University Consortiuum for Political and Social Research's (ICPSR) Summer School in Quantiative Methods and Social Research (Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis I).
- 2019-2021: Glasgow Q-Step Transitional Funding. Funded by Nuffield Foundation. (UK) Value: £123,939.86. Role: Co-Investigator.
- 2013-2019: Glasgow Q-Step Centre. Funded by Nuﬃeld Foundation, ESRC and HEFCE (UK) Value: 1,440,683.80. Role: Co-Investigator.
- 2015. Research Incentive Fund. Funded by University of Glasgow (UK) Value: £1,000.
Happy to supervise students interested in working topics including:
- Public Opinion
- Perceptions of Responsibility
- Political Institutions
- Vote Choice
Current PhD Students
- Arran Edwards
- Powell, Stephen
Investigating the Dynamics of Nonstate Actor Rivalry in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) 1993-2018
Completed PhD Students
- Johanna Tiedemann
- SPSS1001: Measuring Your Social World
- Introductory course to data collection, descriptive statistics, graphics, hypothesis testing, and R.
- SPSS4003: Research Design and Methods Selection
- This course connects learned methods to the research design process, including refining research questions and data acquisition practices.
- Senior Teaching Fellow in the Recognizing Excellence in Teaching (RET) at the University of Glasgow
- University of Glasgow:
- Director. University of Glasgow Q-Step Center. 2020-present
- Adviser of Studies. School of Social and Political Sciences. 2016-present
- Deputy Director. University of Glasgow Q-Step Centre. 2017-2020
- Ethics Committee. School of Social and Political Sciences. 2014-2020
- Coordinator for Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research Summer Program at the University of Glasgow. 2016-2018
- Comparative Political Institutions Program Committee Chair. Southern Political Science Association 89th Annual Conference. 2018
- Marion Irish Award Committee Member. Southern Political Science Association 88th Annual Conference. 2017.
- Reviewer for Economic and Social Research Council Doctoral Training Centre Open Competition. Scottish Graduate School of Social Sciences. 2016.