Prior to lecturing at Glasgow University I was a senior lecturer at Oxford Brookes University from 2016 to 2019 and leading the Post Graduate course in Planning. Before that (from 2012 - 2016) I was a Lecturer in the University of Aberdeen’s Geography Department and teaching Spatial Planning, Land Economy and Human Geography. I was the Programme Director for the Master of Land Economy/ Rural Surveying Programme.
I have industry experience in planning, regeneration and tourism:
- Tourism Development Manager for the Royal Deeside and the Cairngorms Destination Mangement Organisation.
- Private sector planning consultancy – Head of Planning (Scotland) for a national planning and surveying company.
- City centre regeneration, urban realm strategy and place marketing coordination - Partnership Director/Coordinator Aberdeen City Centre Partnership
- Leading region wide environmental projects with Scottish Enterprise - Environmnetal Manager
- Various local authority planning and economic development departments
- Lecturing - Development Process URBAN 5037
- Lecturing - Governance and Markets URBAN 5085
- Lecturing - Professional Practice and Ethics URBAN 5091
- Lecturing - Spatial Planning Strategies URBAN 5046
- Lecturing - Contemporary Planning Systems URBAN 5081
- University of Glasgow-Nankai University Joint Graduate School – Teaching in Tianjin, China.
- Community Empowerment Course - Prince's Foundation - faccilitation, marking and tutoring
- Marking only - Sustainable Housing Development URBAN 5049
- Marking only - Designing Places
- Marking only - Urban Design Policy and Practice
- Dissertation Supervision - Various Post Graduate students