Dr Jane Cullingworth
- Research Associate (Sociology)
- Affiliate Research Associate (School of Social & Political Sciences)
I completed a PhD at the University of Glasgow in June 2020. My thesis, titled Democratic governance through intermediary bodies: a case study of third sector interfaces in Scotland, examined the relationship between third sector and state, exploring the impact of participation in governance networks on a third sector interface’s independence from the state and representation of the sector. My interest in this area is rooted in over 30 years as a third sector practitioner.
I am currently a Research Associate on two projects:
- Disabled people and COVID-19 in the UK is exploring the experiences of disabled people and COVID19 (University of Glasgow and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine)
- The Collaborative is a University of Glasgow initiative to build the university’s relationship with the local third sector
I am the co-chair of the Voluntary Sector Studies Network, a network that brings together academics and practitioners interested in third sector research.
Professional activities & recognition
Professional & learned societies
- 2017 - Ongoing: Co-Chair, Voluntary Sector Studies Network
- 2016 - Ongoing: Steering Group Member, Voluntary Sector Studies Network