Dr Fiona Crawford
- Lecturer in Transport Planning (Urban Studies)
Dr Fiona Crawford joined the University of Glasgow in November 2022 as a Lecturer in Transport Planning. Prior to this she was working at the University of the West of England (UWE) in the Centre for Transport and Society and in the Data Science and Mathematics cluster.
She has a PhD in Transport Studies from the University of Leeds as well as master’s degrees in Social Research Methods (Social Policy) and Data Science and Analytics. She is a quantitative social scientist with a particular focus on travel behaviour and associated changes in working patterns and grocery shopping behaviour. She is passionate about supporting women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Emerging forms of data for understanding travel behaviour
- Encouraging a shift to more sustainable and active travel modes
- Within and between person dynamics, i.e. differences in behaviour of an individual from day to day, and systematic differences in behaviour due to the day of the week or the season, for example
- Transport inequalities and gender biases
- Relationships between transport and societal trends, for example changing working patterns, online shopping and globalisation
- OptiWaSP: Optimised Walking Schoolbus Planning
ESPRC Standard Grant (£1.2 million, with £62k for Glasgow)
2022 to 2025
- Using travel behaviour during the pandemic to provide insights into the air quality impacts of changes in working and shopping behaviour
Clean Air Discovery & Innovation project awarded by the TRANSITION Clean Air Network
I welcome enquiries to supervise research students with interests in:
- New data or new methods for examining travel behaviour
- Intrapersonal variability in travel patterns
- Air quality and transportation
- Connections between travel behaviour and social trends, for example changing working patterns or grocery shopping behaviour
- Le, Thi Phuong Linh
Dr. David McArthur is the Associate Director for Training and Capacity Building at UBDC and is a Senior Lecturer in Transport Studies at the University of Glasgow.
I am a Chartered Statistician and a member of the Royal Statistical Society.