Dr Charlotte Pearson
- Senior Lecturer (Urban Studies)
- Lecturer (Institute of Health & Wellbeing)
- Associate (School of Medicine, Dentistry & Nursing)
My research interests focus on policies which promote independent living and equality for disabled people. I am currently exploring these themes in relation to the implementation of different models of personalisation in social care and health across the UK and new directives for the integration of health and social care services. I am also examining the impact of benefit changes on the lives of disabled people and evaluating the new ILF Transition in Scotland.
Evaluation of the Independent Living Transitions Fund, with N Watson
Exploring the impact of welfare reform on teh lives of disabled people, with T Porter, T Shakespeare (University of East Englia) and N Watson
Disability Benefits Consortium
Exploring the implementation of health and social care integration in Scotland
What Works Scotland.
An In-Depth Examination of the Implementation of the Disability Equality Duty with N Watson and K Stalker (University of Strathclyde)
Office for Disability Issues, Department for Work and Pensions.
The implementation of direct payments for people who use care services with S Riddell (University of Edinburgh) and N Watson
Scottish Parliament Information Centre for the Health Committee
Disabled People and Direct Payments: A UK comparative study with S. Riddell (University of Edinburgh), C. Barnes, G. Mercer and M. Priestley (University of Leeds)
Economic and Social Research Council
Current research students:
Thesis title: Behaviour change in action for disabled benefit recipients
Thesis title: Disability and gender in the global South: the lived experiences of disabled women in Malaysia
Sponsor: Association of Commonwealth Universities
Thesis title: Understanding the impact of welfare reform on equality groups in Scotland
Sponsor: Scottish Government/ESRC
Thesis title: Connected citizens or digital isolation? Online disability activism in times of crisis
Thesis title: How does Mum manage? Investigating the financial circumstances of mothers in lower incomes working families
Thesis title: Obesity, Food Choice and Body Image in Adults with Learning Disabilities
- I am currently the Director of Teaching & Learning in Urban Studies.
My other teaching and adminsitration roles include:
- Social & Public Policy 2B: Policy, Politics & Power
- Social & Public Policy and Sociology Honours: Disability and Society (next session: 2019-20)
- Adviser of Studies
- Postgraduate Convenor for Social Science research students in the Institute of Health and Well Being.
- MSc Global Health: Lecturer on Understanding Health Policy.
- MSc Equalities and Human Rights: Lecturer on The Disabling Society.
- MSc Housing Studies: Lecturer on Housing, Inequality & Society.