Dr Nils Nothnagel
- Research Associate (Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging)
I’m a medical engineer supporting high-resolution functional 7T MRI imaging at the Imaging Centre of Excellence (ICE). My work focuses on generating and testing new sequences for sub-millimetre functional MRI (fMRI) data. Ultimately, these methods support brain research aiming to understand how interactions across different cortical layers form our perception of the world.
- writing software using MRI IDEA sequence programming framework which enables tailoring of image reconstruction and acquisition processes to individual study needs.
- Setting up and running 7T fMRI experiments at ICE and preparing image data processing and analysis pipelines using tools such as FreeSurfer, BrainVoyager, SPM or LayNii
- writing custom scripts to automize data flow between intermediate outputs of fMRI analysis frameworks
Supervised Postgraduate Student
- Vilte Noreikaite (M.Sc. Student)