APPLICATION FORM & GUIDANCE
Completing the application should take about 15 minutes.
Before completing your application please read the Application guidance below.
If you have any problems or questions with your application you can contact: Application help
After you submit your application, you can track its progress at any time: Track your application
Places are subject to availability.
Which Pre-sessional Course should I choose?
Visit the page below for advice on which pre-sessional course is right for you:
What documents do I need?
- A copy of your passport
- Your University of Glasgow offer letter
- A copy of your Secure English language Test (SELT) result (for more information see explanation below)
If you do not have all of these documents at the time of submitting your application then it is still possible to make an application and provide any further documents at a later date within the application deadline.
What is a SELT & how do I get one?
A SELT is an internationally recognised and secure English language test.
More information about the IELTS test English language tests can be found at https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/
If you think that you may be eligible to provide other evidence of English language proficiency, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do my supporting documents need to be submitted online?
Yes, upload the supporting documents with your application.
If for technical reasons you cannot upload your documents, please contact http://www.gla.ac.uk/applications/
What happens if I submit a false document?
We will refuse any application if we have evidence that a false document has been submitted - even if the false document is not relevant to the application and even if the applicant is unaware that the document is false.
A false document includes:
- a genuine document which has been altered or tampered with
- a counterfeit document (one that is completely false)
- a genuine document that is being used by an impostor
- a genuine document which has been fraudulently obtained or issued
- a genuine document which contains a falsified or counterfeit visa / endorsement
Information about applications refused because of false documentation may be shared with other University of Glasgow departments or with UKVI and could jeopardise future applications to study in the UK.
What if my academic offer is not for the University of Glasgow?
If you plan to study at another institution (not University of Glasgow) after the pre-sessional course, we will need verification of your offer letter as outlined below:
Step 1. Upload your offer letter to your Pre-sessional English Application.
Step 2. Contact your university and ask them to email us at Arts-EAS@Glasgow.ac.uk from an official university email address, confirming the details of your academic offer.
Your application will be placed on hold until we receive verification from your chosen University. If we don't receive verification by the relevant application deadline then your application will be rejected.
How and when should I apply?
When should I apply?
Check the application deadlines at the link below:
Course Dates, Application Deadlines and Fees
Can I submit a paper application form?
No, we do not accept paper applications. You must apply online.
Do I need to complete and submit the application in a single session?
No. You have 42 days to submit your application once you begin the process. However, you must complete the application process by the application deadline - normally five weeks before the start of your course.
How do I fill in the application form?
These notes are intended to help you complete the application form accurately. They are also available within the help section of the application form. If you experience any difficulties accessing or completing the application contact email@example.com
- Name and Date of birth: must appear exactly as they do on your passport. Please take time to check the spelling and layout.
- Contact Details: Correspondence address. All contact relevant to your application will be sent to this address including the offer letter(s). If your address changes, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Programme Selection Criteria - Academic Career: When asked to choose ‘Academic Career’, select ‘Lifelong Learning’ from the drop-down menu.
- Programme Selection Criteria - Admit term: When entering the term, select the correct academic year. Please note that academic years run from September to August. For example if you are applying for the July Entry course starting in July 2021, you should apply for the academic year 2020-21.
Course choice: Choose EAS followed by course name you intend to study (e.g. November Entry). For advice on which course to choose and the application deadlines visit Which Pre-sessional course should I choose?
What happens after I complete my application?
When we receive your application we will contact you if we need further information.
Three weeks before the start date of your course, you can register online for your course. We will notify you by email when online registration is open. You will be given a username and password so that you can access the MyCampus system. When you complete your online MyCampus registration you can pay your fees.
What should I do if my circumstances change?
Please contact us right away if:
- there are any changes to your details such as a new passport number
- your academic offer has become unconditional
- you wish to withdraw from the course
Can I apply for the Pre-sessional if I have studied in the UK before?
Yes, you can. However, you will need to show that the Pre-sessional course is more advanced than your previous English language course. You will need to provide a copy of your latest English language course report and a copy of your previous visa (if applicable).