We welcome applications from UK BDS Graduates for entry into Year 3 of the MBChB Course.
It is a requirement that UK BDS Graduate applicants meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- Must be a UK BDS Graduate
- Degree must have been obtained within seven years of proposed date of entry (As this accelerated course requires recent undergraduate Dental knowledge, the Medical School would not accept BDS graduates who were awarded their BDS degree more than 7 years from the date of entry regardless of whether they had achieved further qualifications)
- Must be eligible to register with the GDC
- Wishes to pursue a career in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery only.
- Application Form must be completed and submitted to the Medical School Admissions Administrator: email@example.com by deadline of 15th October for entry in September the following year. Applications submitted via UCAS will not be considered.
- BDS transcript must be submitted along with application by deadline of 15th October.
- Two original and up-to-date references must be sent directly to the Medical School by deadline of 15th October.
The University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) is not required for application.
UK BDS candidates will be considered for entry into Year 3 only. Entry to Year 1 will not be considered and applications received via UCAS will also not be considered.
Applications will be competitively considered. An interview may be required but is not guaranteed.
There will be one or two places available in Year 3 every year. However, due to current student numbers, this cannot be guaranteed.