Dr Wayne Jones
- Research Affiliate (School of Mathematics & Statistics)
- Environmental Monitoring:
- I am a contributor to the GroundWater Spatiotemporal Analysis Tool (GWSDAT) – an open source tool for the visualisation and analysis of groundwater monitoring data – www.gwsdat.net.
- I have jointly supervised 2 PhD students investigating the application of Spatiotemporal Penalised Splines to identify trend in groundwater solutes.
- Big Data:
- Parallelizing Large Simulations with Apache SparkR, Spark Summit, Dublin, 2017, here.
- Open source software: I am the author of the R2PPT package – a suite a functions to generate PowerPoint presentations from R using DCOM.