Ms Jessica Schechinger
- Lecturer in International Law (School of Law)
0044 (0)141 330 7163
University of Glasgow, School of Law, Sir Alexander Stone Building, 16 University Gardens, Glasgow, G12 8QL
Jessica N.M. Schechinger is a Lecturer in International Law at the University of Glasgow.
Jessica was a PhD candidate at the University of Glasgow, and holds an LLB and an LLM (Public International Law), both from Utrecht University, the Netherlands. She also graduated from the Rhodes Academy of Oceans Law and Policy.
She previously worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant, and Tutor at the University of Glasgow; as a junior researcher in the research project on Shared Responsibility in International Law (SHARES) at the Amsterdam Center for International Law (ACIL), University of Amsterdam; and as a research assistant at the department of International and European Law at Utrecht University and the Netherlands Institute for the Law of the Sea (NILOS).
Jessica is one of a number of researchers in the School of Law working on international law, and more information about their work can be found here.
General International Law; International Law of the Sea; Maritime Security; International Human Rights Law; International Responsibility; Shared Responsibility; International Environmental Law; Energy Law
- International Human Rights Law (LLM), lecturer and course convenor
- Advanced Introduction to the Law of the United Nations (LLM), lecturer and course convenor
- United Nations Law (LLB), lecturer and course convenor
- Transnational Crime, Justice, and Security (LLM), lecturer
- Clinic: Human Rights & Humanitarian Law in Practice (LLM), lecturer
- Co-convenor of the European Society of International Law (ESIL) / Société européenne de droit international (SEDI) Interest Group on the Law of the Sea (2018-present)
- LinkedIn profile
- Twitter: @jnmschechinger & @esil_lawsea