Dr Sam Bayliss
- Lecturer in Quantum Engineering (Electronic & Nanoscale Engineering)
- November 2021-present: Lecturer in Quantum Engineering, University of Glasgow.
- 2017-21: Postdoctoral Scholar, University of Chicago, Awschalom Group.
- 2017: Postdoctoral Researcher, Freie Universität Berlin, Bittl & Behrends Groups.
- 2016: PhD in Physics, University of Cambridge, Optoelectronics Group.
- 2012: MSci in Physics/Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge.
Our research focuses on understanding quantum states in molecular systems. We explore the spintronic and photonic properties of molecular materials and devices with applications spanning quantum information processing, energy harvesting, and sensing.
We are part of the Quantum Circuits, Sensors & Spin Systems research theme.
For opportunities to join the team, please see the Supervision section below.
We welcome applications for research positions at all levels including undergraduate internships, PhD positions, and postdoctoral fellowships.
If you are excited to join the team and generate new directions with molecular quantum states, please do get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.
We have PhD projects available in the following areas:
Please see the links above for further details. Applications close 31st May 2022. Please do get in touch as far in advance of the deadline as possible for support in submitting an application.
We are committed to fostering and promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion, and applications are particularly welcome from candidates from under-represented groups. We strive to reflect and celebrate the diversity of our wider community, and promote a supportive and flexible working environment in all our activities.