Dr Lina Mohjazi
- Lecturer in Glasgow College UESTC (Autonomous Systems & Connectivity)
Lina Mohjazi (Senior Member, IEEE) is a Lecturer of autonomous systems and connectivity with the James Watt School of Engineering, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, U.K. She received the B.Sc. (Honours) degree from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) University, UAE, in 2008, the M.Sc. degree from Khalifa University (KU), UAE, in 2012 (Distinction), and the Ph.D. degree from the Institute for Communication Systems, University of Surrey, U.K., in 2018, all in electrical and electronic engineering. She has co-authored more than 60 research papers in international high-impact journals and highly-rated conferences as well as book chapters. Her research interests include green and sustainable wireless communications, IoT, machine learning, Big Data analytics, energy efficiency, fundamental performance limits, and beyond 5G and its applications.
Dr. Mohjazi is a Fellow of the Women’s Engineering Society and a Senior member of the IEEE Women in Engineering. She is currently an Associate Editor for IEEE COMMUNICATIONS LETTERS. Dr. Mohjazi was a technical program committee member and a session chair of several IEEE flagship conferences. Dr. Mohjazi was endorsed as ”Global Talent” by the Royal Academy of Engineering in the UK in 2020, and as a “High Level Foreign Talent” by the Chinese Government in 2023. She was also the recipient of multiple teaching awards, the IEEE GPECOM 2022 best paper presentation award, and the IEEE Women in Engineering UK&I Engineering Excellence award. She is an Affiliate Member of Mohammed Bin Rashid Academy of Scientists, UAE.
Research interests include but not limited to:
Beyond 5G (B5G) wireless technologies, physical layer optimization and performance analysis, wireless power transfer, machine learning for future wireless systems, reconfigurable intelligent surfaces, cooperative and relaying networks, information theory, and signal processing.
Updated publication list can be found at Google Scholar
- Abualhayja'a, Mohammad Omar Tawfiq
Beamforming Design and Optimisation for RIS-Assisted UAV Networks
- Alblaihed, Khaled
Antenna and Algorithm Design for Beyond 5G Communications
- Alhumaily, Basim Abdullah S
Leveraging AI and 5G for cutting-edge healthcare applications
- Alquraan, Mohammad Mahmoud Younes
Federated Learning for Decentralised Data Management in Ultra-Dense 5G and Beyond Networks
- Fatima, Haneen
Internet of Things for Assistive Health and Beauty
- Hafeez, Sana
Blockchain-based secure unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) network design and optimization
- Khan, Ahsan Raza
Federated Learning for Machine Learning Driven Application
- Siddiqui, Maraj Uddin Ahmed
Enhanced Techniques for Visible Light Communication and Sensing
Power Engineering - UESTC3005 (Fall 2020, Fall 2021)
Embedded Processors - UESTC2004 (Spring 2021, Spring 2022, Spring 2023)
Communication Systems & Principles - UESTC 3018 (Fall 2022, Fall 2023) (Course Coordinator)
AWARDS & HONORS
2023: “High Level Foreign Talent” endorsement by Chinese Government
2023: IEEE Women in Engineering UK&I Engineering Excellence award
2021: IEEE GPECOM 2022 best paper presentation award
2020: IEEE Senior Member
2020: UK Exceptional Talent Endorsement by the Royal Academy of Engineering, UK
2018: Nominated for University Service Excellence award, Khalifa University, UAE
2012: Teaching Excellence Award, Khalifa University, UAE
2010: MSc Scholarship, Khalifa University, UAE
2008: Ranked 1st amongst the 120 B.Sc. of engineering graduation students’ batch, UAE University, UAE, 2008, (GPA 3.91/4).
2004-2008: Academic distinction and honours awards, UAE University.
2007: Undergraduate intern, Technobothnia Research Centre, Vaasa University for Applied Sciences, Vaasa, Finland
2003: BSc Scholarship, UAE University, UAE
2003: Ranked amongst the top ten students nationwide for UAE high school examinations, (Grades Average 98.8/100).
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION AND ACTIVITIES
Senior Member of IEEE and a Member of IEEE Communications Society and
IEEE Women in Engineering
Area Editor, Elsevier Physical Communication
Review Editor, Frontiers IoT and Sensor Networks
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
- IEEE Transactions on Communications
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking
- IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing
- IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications
- IEEE Access
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal
- IEEE Communications Letters
- IEEE Wireless Communications Letters
- IEEE Signal Processing Letters
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine
- IEEE Sensors Journal
- IEEE Network Magazine
- IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society
- Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks
- IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM)
- IEEE Int. Communications Conf. (ICC)
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Conf. (VTC)
- IEEE Wireless Communications & Networking Conf. (WCNC)
- Technical Program Committee Member, 5th Int. Conf. on the UK-China Emerging Technologies (UCET), Glasgow, UK, 2020
- Technical Program Committee Member, 38th IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM), Waikoloa, HI, USA, 2019
- Session Chair, 37th IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM), “Vehicular Edge and Fog Computing”, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2018.
- Session Chair, 37th IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM), “Cognitive Radio and Networks”, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2018.
- Organizing Member, 37th IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM), Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2018.
- Organizing Member, 20th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems (ICECS), Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2013.