Dr Lina Mohjazi
- Lecturer in Glasgow College UESTC (Systems Power & Energy) (Systems Power & Energy)
Lina Mohjazi (S’04-M’18-SM'20) received the B.Sc. (Honors) degree from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) University, Al-Ain, UAE, in 2008 (Full Scholarship), the M.Sc. degree from Khalifa University (KU), Abu Dhabi, UAE, in 2012 (Full Scholarship), and the Ph.D. degree from the University of Surrey, Guildford, U.K., in 2018, all in electrical and electronic engineering. Dr. Mohjazi is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at the University of Glasgow in the School of Engineering. From 2015 to 2020 she was with Khalifa University (KU) as a Lecturer. From 2018 to 2020 she was a Research Associate at the KU Center for Cyber-Physical Systems (C2PS), KU, UAE. From 2019 to 2020 she was a Visiting Research Associate with the Communications, Sensing and Imaging (CSI) group at the School of Engineering, University of Glasgow, UK. She has authored and co-authored 18 research papers in international high-impact journals and highly-rated conferences.
Dr. Mohjazi is an active reviewer for more than 20 top-notch and multidisciplinary IEEE journals and conferences. She is currently an Area Editor for Physical Communication (Elsevier) and a Review Editor for Frontiers in Communications and Networks. Dr. Mohjazi has been a member of the technical program committees and has served as a Technical Session Chair for several IEEE flagship conferences. She actively participates in organizing IEEE conferences and workshops.
Research interests include but not limited to:
Beyond 5G (B5G) wireless technologies, physical layer optimization and performance analysis, wireless power transfer, machine learning for future wireless systems, reconfigurable intelligent surfaces, cooperative and relaying networks, information theory, and signal processing.
Updated publication list can be found at Google Scholar
Power Engineering - UESTC3005 (Fall 2020)
AWARDS & HONORS
2020: IEEE Senior Member
2020: UK Exceptional Talent Endorsement by the Royal Academy of Engineering, UK
2018: Nominated for University Service Excellence award, Khalifa University, UAE
2012: Teaching Excellence Award, Khalifa University, UAE
2010: MSc Scholarship, Khalifa University, UAE
2008: Ranked 1st amongst the 120 B.Sc. of engineering graduation students’ batch, UAE University, UAE, 2008, (GPA 3.91/4).
2004-2008: Academic distinction and honours awards, UAE University.
2007: Undergraduate intern, Technobothnia Research Centre, Vaasa University for Applied Sciences, Vaasa, Finland
2003: BSc Scholarship, UAE University, UAE
2003: Ranked amongst the top ten students nationwide for UAE high school examinations, (Grades Average 98.8/100).
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION AND ACTIVITIES
Senior Member of IEEE and a Member of IEEE Communications Society and
IEEE Women in Engineering
Area Editor, Elsevier Physical Communication
Review Editor, Frontiers IoT and Sensor Networks
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
- IEEE Transactions on Communications
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking
- IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing
- IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications
- IEEE Access
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal
- IEEE Communications Letters
- IEEE Wireless Communications Letters
- IEEE Signal Processing Letters
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine
- IEEE Sensors Journal
- IEEE Network Magazine
- IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society
- Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks
- IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM)
- IEEE Int. Communications Conf. (ICC)
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Conf. (VTC)
- IEEE Wireless Communications & Networking Conf. (WCNC)
- Technical Program Committee Member, 5th Int. Conf. on the UK-China Emerging Technologies (UCET), Glasgow, UK, 2020
- Technical Program Committee Member, 38th IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM), Waikoloa, HI, USA, 2019
- Session Chair, 37th IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM), “Vehicular Edge and Fog Computing”, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2018.
- Session Chair, 37th IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM), “Cognitive Radio and Networks”, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2018.
- Organizing Member, 37th IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM), Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2018.
- Organizing Member, 20th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems (ICECS), Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2013.