Dr Jin Yang
- Senior Lecturer (Systems Power & Energy)
Dr Jin Yang received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Glasgow in 2011. He then worked as a research scholar at the University of New South Wales (Australia) before joining Aston University as a Lecturer in Power Engineering. Since October 2019, he has been with the James Watt School of Engineering at the University of Glasgow, as a Senior Lecturer in Electrical Power Conversion.
Dr Jin Yang is a Senior Member of IEEE, Member of IET and Chartered Engineer (CEng), Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy (SFHEA).
Dr Jin Yang’s research focus is the power distribution network analysis, operation and control considering high penetration of distributed renewable power generation and increasing storage (including electric vehicles and V2G) interfaced via power electronics.
09. 2019 – 09. 2021 European Union Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action COFUND MULTIPLY Postdoctoral Fellowship “Fiber Bragg Grating-based Fast and Precise Internal Monitoring of Lithium-ion Batteries in Electric Vehicles”, Host for Dr Nand K. Meena.
06. 2019 – 12. 2020 UK Power Networks – Academic Review “Active Response – Research Workpackage 2 ICT”, PI, £64,200.
06. 2018 – 05. 2021 EPSRC UKRI Innovation Fellowship EP/S001778/1 “Street2Grid - An Electricity Blockchain Platform for P2P Energy Trading”, PI, £569,980.
03. 2018 – 02. 2020 Innovate UK V2G project TS/R017123/1 “VehIcle to Grid Intelligent controL (VIGIL)”, PI, £699,930, Academic partner's share £276,215.
09. 2017 – 08. 2019 EPSRC EP/R001456/1 Energy Feasibility project “Electricity Satnav – Electricity Smart Availability Topology of Network for Abundant electric Vehicles”, PI, £201,260.
A PhD studentship is available - information here.
UK/EU and Overseas applicants are all welcomed to apply. However, applicants from outside the EU may apply for this studentship but will need to pay the difference between the ‘Home/EU’ and the ‘Overseas’ tuition fees, this can be self-funded or through other sources.
- Senior Member of IEEE
- Member of IET
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)