Dr Christopher Brown
- Research Associate (Systems Power & Energy)
I am interested in energy modelling, specifically focusing on deep geothermal resources. I have undertaken a BSc in Geology and MSc in Petroleum Geoscience at the University of Manchester, whilst I completed my PhD in Civil Engineering at the University of Birmingham. During my PhD, I also worked intermittently at Cheshire East Council on prospective geothermal projects in the region. Following my PhD, I worked at MDPI as an Assistant Editor.
I joined the University of Glasgow in August 2021 as a Research Associate, where my work focuses on two projects: 'INTEGRATE' and 'NetzeroGeoRDIE'. These projects focus on underground thermal energy storage and the repurposing of the Newcastle Helix Borehole as a deep borehole heat exchanger, respectively.
- Geothermal Energy, Modelling and Engineering
- Subsurface Modelling
- Geothermal Uncertainty and Risk
- Fluid Flow
- Geological Characterisation of Geothermal Resources
- Seismic Interpretation and Submarine Landforms