Mr Blair Archibald
- Research Associate (Computing Science)
I am Research Associate working on the Science of Sensor Systems (S4) project which aims to deliver new principles and techniques for the development and deployment of verifiable, reliable, autonomous sensor systems that operate in uncertain, multiple and multi-scale environments.
I obtained a Ph.D in Computing Science from the University of Glasgow in 2018. My thesis focused on creating re-usable high level abstractions (algorithmic skeletons) for parallel tree search problems. This led to the creation of YewPar, a C++ framework for parallel search.
- Bigraphical modelling
- (Wireless) Sensor Systems
- Search, e.g. Constraint Programming
- Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Programming Languages/Functional Programming