Consultancy and commercial lab access
Are you a small, medium or large company? Why not to ask academic if you have a problem? Talk to us we may have a solution. Or you would like to assess the suitability of an applied technique or kick start a new project but not sure if you have the right equipment or expertise? We have access to databases and scientific journals. We routinely use advanced techniques for testing energy materials. We have staff and PhD students in ECS that are passionate about energy research. And if the technique or knowledge you are after is not available across our labs we have excellent collaborative networks to get the relevant access and get things done. Your project is confidential? No problem our research office will help with NDA paper work.
You can contact us by pressing HERE.
Here are some commercial lab access opportunities within the ECS group
Lab facilities for:
- Surface area measurements on microporous, mesoporous and macroporous materials (BET and DFT)
- High temperature materials prepation (up to 1100oC) in inert and reactive gas flows of H2, N2, Ar, He, CH4, H2S, NH3 etc or their mixes
- Preparative electrochemistry and electrochemical deposition - also in combination with gas chromotography
- Solvothermal and hydrothermal synthesis
- Cathode / anode half-cell and flow battery testing
and we can routinely carry out characterisation of functional and energy materials by
- Raman spectroscopy - inert and reactive gas flow; variable temperature experiments; surface mapping
- Single crystal and powder Xray diffraction - including variable temperature experiments up to 1000oC
- SEM and EDX studies
- Analytical electrochemistry - inert atmosphere and non-aqueous solvents
- Thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) and DSC in inert atmosphere and in air