We aim to attract and retain the very best researchers in the field.
We have previously been successful in supporting a limited number of strong candidates in applying for prestigious Fellowships. Information about the various types of Fellowship, the application procedure and closing dates, can be found via the following links:
- RSE/STFC Enterprise Fellowships (Closing date: ~May)
- Royal Society of Edinburgh Fellowships (Personal Research Fellowship: ~February)
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships (Closing date ~September)
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships (Closing date: ~January)
- Marie Curie Incoming Fellowship (Closing date: -)
- EPSRC Fellowships (any time)
- Biotechnology & Biological Research Council
- Leverhulme Trust
- Newton Fellowships (Closing date: ~March)
If you are interested in applying for a fellowship or any other award, please contact us. Also check out information on Glasgow University Leadership Fellows and Lord Kelvin Adam Smith Fellowships. The University of Glasgow offers generous packages to support individuals with externally funded fellowships who wish to bring their research to Glasgow as Leadership Fellows. The University welcomes applications from exceptional candidates across all disciplines for its fully-funded Lord Kelvin Adam Smith Fellowships.
Before applying for a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship you are strongly encouraged to identify and approach a potential mentor within the group. Your mentor will discuss with you your choice of Fellowship scheme, your project and offer you guidance and advice. For processing the costing and submission of your Fellowship you should contact the Grants Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be able to advise you on the specific rules that govern each Fellowship scheme including eligible costs and funding level. Note that all applications must be approved by the relevant Head of School, including outline applications. Please allow plenty of time for discussion and never submit your application until approval has been obtained.