Miss Yanru Zou
- Lecturer in Accounting, Tax and Audit (Accounting & Finance)
Yanru Zou joined the University of Glasgow Adam Smith Business School as a Lecturer in Accounting, Tax and Audit in 2019. She is an accountant’s daughter and an amateur painter and is particularly interested in using anthropological approach to study accounting practices and the accounting profession.
She graduated from the London School of Economics with an MSc in Accounting, Organisations and Institutions. Before commencing her academic career, she worked as a tax consultant in Deloitte China. Her PhD research uses practice theory to explore front-line audit work in a Chinese context.
Yanru is a member of the School's Accounting research cluster
Areas of expertise:
- Practice theory and accounting practice
- Care and accounting work
- Anthropology approach
- Accounting education (VLEs and the proximity)
Current course taught in 18/19
- Issues in accounting research (PGT)
Earlier teaching experience
- Audit, risk and control (PGT)
- Financial accounting 1 (UGT)