Tracy has thirty years’ experience of dealing with a variety of business and community clients and successfully delivering a wide range of projects worldwide. A well-known leader and motivator, Tracy’s career summary includes:
- Successfully delivering large global transformation programmes with significant behavioural change and challenging stakeholders
- Directing project teams and multi-million-dollar programmes of work for global organisations, including BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Citic Pacific Mining, Woodside Energy, Chevron, and the Western Australian Government
- Directing a global financial transformation programme for Experian. This included establishing off-shore call centres, implementing and upgrading company-wide technologies, reviewing HR requirements for the financial services arm of the company and improving financial and accountancy processes and procedures
- Implementing major ERP software: SAP and Oracle
- Driving Business Intelligence Strategy and promoting the value of Business Intelligence as a business enabler at Citic Pacific Mining and Chevron
- Managing Caithness Horizons, a regional museum, art gallery, retail outlet and café, leading the organisation through significant change while operating within decreased funding parameters
- Managing projects including the development of IT applications; communications infrastructure; payroll, and e-commerce. Also managed projects to re-engineer marketing and business processes for government, mining, and energy sectors
- Development and management of Project Management Offices
- Facilitation and management of change in a variety of settings
- Strategic-planning and policy development in private industry, and both state and federal Australian government agencies
- Lecturing and teaching to a variety of audiences including college students, industry groups, project managers, project boards, and entrepreneur groups.
Tracy has sat on the West Australian Women’s Advisory Council, advising the Minster for Women’s Interests on policy with emphasis on women in business, women in leadership and women and decision making.
Tracy is a member of the School's Services and Operations Management
Areas of expertise:
- Services and operations management
- Improving project management practice
Tracy is passionate about improving project management practise and is doing a PhD looking at the influence of the project manager on planning stage of the project.
- Service and Operations Management – currently teaching undergraduate students
- Project Management – currently teaching post graduates