Dr Pantelis Kazakis
- Lecturer in Corporate Finance and Banking (Accounting & Finance)
Pantelis Kazakis was awarded his Ph.D. degree from The Ohio State University in the U.S in 2016. Prior to that, he completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Ioannina in Greece (2009). Before coming to the University of Glasgow, Pantelis was an Assistant Professor at the University of Economics, in Prague.
His research has been published in journals such as the Review of Finance, Economics Letters, and Annals of Regional Science.
Areas of expertise
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Intermediation
- Household Finance
- Public Finance
- Regional and Urban Economics
- Labour Economics
Interested in supervising students in the areas of Corporate Finance and Banking, Entrepreneurship, Public and Household Finance.
- Soni, Rajni
“The Impact of Imputation tax system on the tax avoidance level of firms”.
Banking and Finance
International Financial Management
Personal website: Dr Pantelis Kazakis
Management as the Sine-Qua Non for the M&A Success”, with Manthos Delis and Maria Iosifidi, September 2017.
- “Corporate Social Responsibility and Profit Shifting”, co-authored with Iftekhar Hasan, Panagiotis Karavitis (at our department), and Woon Sau Leung, 2019.
- “Informal Origin, Performance and Conduct: Firm Level Evidence from the ECA”, with Ourania Dimitraki, Leora Klapper, and Georgios Panos, August 2017.
- “On the Role of Migration on the Satisfaction of European Researchers: Evidence from MORE2”, with Sarah Jewell, October 2017.
- “Healthy Immigrant Effect or Over-Medicalization of Pregnancy? Evidence from Birth Certificates”, with Paola Bertoli and Veronica Grembi, November 2017.
- “Exploring the Nexus between Innovative Areas and the Migration of University Graduates: Theory and Evidence”, January 2017.
- “What Do Europeans Think about Immigrants? Evidence from the European Values Study”, January 2017.
Honours and Awards
- University Fellowship, The Ohio State University, 2011-2012.
- Fellow of the National Scholarships Foundation (I.K.Y, Greece), 2005-2009.
- Award for excellence from the Ioannis Latsis foundation, 2009 & 2010.
- Scholarship from Zosimades (Zosimas brothers) for my master’s degree at the University of Ioannina based on merit, 2009-2010.
- Award for excellence from the Violeta Vimpli foundation, 2005-2009.
- Award from Bageios Foundation, 2007 & 2008.
- First prize in the Mathematical Olympiad in Ioannina (Thales), 2003.
- Second prize in the Mathematical Olympiad in Ioannina (Euclid), 2004.