Dr Martin Strieborny
- Lecturer in Corporate Finance and Banking (Accounting & Finance)
Martin Strieborny joined the Adam Smith Business School in September 2019 as Lecturer in Corporate Finance and Banking. Previously, he was assistant professor at Lund University (Sweden) and visiting research scholar at the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor (USA). He holds PhD from University of Lausanne (Switzerland).
Personal website: Martin Strieborny
Martin is a member of the School's Finance research cluster.
Areas of expertise:
- Finance and real economy
- International corporate finance
- Competition Effects of Cross-Border Banking [with Jens Forssbaeck, Frederik Lundtofte, Anders Vilhelmsson], Handelsbanken Research Foundation (2020-2023: 1.7 million SEK)
- Stock Market Liberalizations and Export Dynamics [with Madina Kukenova], Webster University Research Grant (2019-2020: 5,500 CHF)
- Domestic Firms and Foreign Banks: Cross-Border Bank Loans from the Borrower’s Perspective [with Jens Forssbaeck, Frederik Lundtofte, Anders Vilhelmsson], Handelsbanken Research Foundation (2015-2018: 1.2 million SEK)
- Swiss National Science Foundation Fellowship for a post-doctoral stay at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (2010-2012: 65,000 CHF)
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Intermediation
- Browaldh Stipend by Handelsbanken Research Foundation (2012-2018: 2.73 million SEK)
- Prize for the PhD Thesis Excellency by the Banque Cantonale Vaudoise (2010)