Dr Marjana Johansson
- Senior Lecturer in Organisational Behaviour (Management)
Marjana joined the Adam Smith Business School as a Senior Lecturer in January 2018. Before that she worked in the business school at the University of Essex. She has also taught at Hanken School of Economics in Helsinki and at Stockholm School of Economics, where she did her PhD. Prior to doing her PhD, Marjana worked in Adult Education, in the small business sector, and as a management training consultant.
Marjana is a member of the School's Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour research cluster.
Areas of expertise:
- Gender and diversity in organisations
- Multilingualism in organisations
- Academic work and careers
- Organising cultural production with a focus on festivals
- 2013: The Swedish Cultural Foundation, £9,348
- 2011: The Work Foundation, £21,000 (co-investigator)
- 2009: The Swedish Cultural Foundation, £10,455
Marjana welcomes qualitative proposals related to the following broad topics and approaches:
- Gender and diversity
- Women’s careers
- Spatial perspectives on organisations
- Work in the creative industries
- Ethnographic and visual methods
- Otepbergen, Aigerim
Employee performance in operations management in higher education: case of Kazakhstan
- Wang, Feier
Women's Views on Leadership in Chinese Higher Education Institutions
- Yañez Ospina, Claudia Mylena
Working well, living well? Views and use of employer-led wellbeing initiatives amongst early career medical and academic professionals
Civil Society Organizations and Food Poverty: A Case Study of the London Borough of Islington.
Death, dying and ‘difficult marketing’: An ethnographic study of marketing at an English hospice.
'Dashed hopes and bruised egos’: Professional identity in investment banking in the context of the 2008 financial crisis.
Exploring the lived dimension of organisational space: An ethnographic study of an English cathedral.
Exploring the lived experience of stress amongst female police managers.
- MGT1022 Organisational Behaviour
- MGT5054 Managing Diversity in Organisations
- MGT5348 Managing Diversity
- MGT5230 Management in the Creative Industries
Fellow of HEA