Professor Georgios Panos
- Professor of Finance (Accounting and Finance)
telephone: 0141 330 5317
Georgios is working on issues of household, personal and behavioural finance. He was previously a reader in accounting and finance at the University of Glasgow, a senior lecturer and a lecturer in economics at the University of Stirling and a lecturer in business economics and finance at the University of Essex.
He serves as a Postgraduate Convenor in Accounting and Finance and is the Wards Finance research seminar co-organiser.
His research has been featured in outlets such as the Journal of Financial Economics, the Journal of Banking and Finance, the Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, inter alia.
He has served as a consultant to the World Bank in multiple occasions and is a principal investigator for the collaborative EU-funded Horizon 2020 project “PROFIT: PROmoting FInancial awareness and sTability”. (Twitter: @PROFIT_platform)
Georgios is a member of the Finance research cluster.
Household finance, financial literacy, labour finance, economics and finance of entrepreneurship, behavioural economics and finance, labour and personnel economics.
- European Commission, Horizon 2020: Project title "PROFIT: Promoting Financial Awareness and Stability"; Scheme: ICT-10-2015 Collective Awareness Platforms; Role: Principal Investigator: €1.6 million (Jan. 2016 - Jan. 2019).
- SIRE Early Career Grant: £6,700 (05/2014)
- Royal Economic Society Special Grant: £3,500 (01/2013)
- SIRE workshop grant: £2,500 (10/2012)
- Carnegie Trust project grant: £600 (06/2012)
- Essex Business School research grant: £1,400 (06/2011)
- Antonio Parlavecchio
- International Financial Management (UG, Autumn)
- Responsible Banking and Development Finance (PG, Spring)
Personal website: Professor Georgios Panos