Professor Fiona Wilson
- Professor of Organisational Behaviour (Management)
Fiona Wilson is currently Professor of Organisational Behaviour in the Adam Smith Business School. Before Glasgow she was employed at the University of St Andrews, Manchester Business School and Bradford Management Centre.
Fiona is a member of the Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour research cluster.
Areas of expertise:
Fiona is interested in most areas of organisational behaviour and Human Resource Management and specialises in equality, disadvantage and gender relations at work.
- ESRC “Securing a business loan: how important is gender?” (£82,263)
- Leverhulme “Human Resources and the Interface of Employment, Family and Occupational Culture” (£84,890)
- Scottish Government “Scottish Student Survey of Student Income, Expenditure and Debt” (£122,178)
- Adam Smith Foundation “Co-operatives in Scotland” (£1180)
Fiona would be interested in supervising PhD projects that focus:
- Attitudes towards cooperatives in Scotland
- Performance appraisal and equality for female employees
- Working with couples in organisations
Current PhD students
- Organisational Behaviour
- Human Resource Management
Professional activities & recognition
Grant committees & research advisory boards
- 2000 - 2001: ESRC, Member of Commissioning Panel for Future of Work Programme Phase II
- 2000: ESRC, Member of Midterm review panel, Institute of Work Psychology, Sheffield
- 2000 - 2008: Organization Studies
- 2000: Gender Work and Organization
- 1997: Gender in Management: an international journal
- 2002 - 2005: European Management Journal
- 2016: New Technology, Work and Employment
Professional & learned societies
- 2016: Elected Fellow, British Academy of Management
- 2005 - 2008: Council Member, British Academy of Management
- 2016: Academic Fellow, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- 2014: Associate Fellow, British Psychological Society
- 1986: Member, British Sociological Association
- Chartered Psychologist, British Psychological Society
Selected international presentations
- 2018: Keynote session for the 2018 World Congress of Psychiatric Genetics, Bench, Brain and Bedside, October 11-15 (“Men, Women and Communication in Organizations”, in and Bedside, October 11-15, Scottish Conference Centre, Glasgow Scotland)
- Elected Fellow of the British Academy of Management in 2015.
- (2009) Guest editor (with Nelarine Cornelius and others) of a special edition of Journal of Business Ethics – Mind the Gap? The politics of equality, ethnicity and ethical turns in organization and business.
- (2000 –2008 ) Member of Editorial Board of Organization Studies. Language editor for Organization Studies 1991-2000.
- (1997 - present) Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of Women in Management Review, now Gender in Management: an international journal.
- (2000 - present) Associate Editor, Gender, Work and Organization
- (2002-2005) Member of the Advisory Panel of European Management Journal
- (2016- present) Editorial Advisory Board member of New Technology, Work and Employment.