Dr Evangelos Seretis
- Lecturer in Accounting (Accounting & Finance)
Evangelos Seretis is a Lecturer in Accounting at the University of Glasgow. After completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Macedonia (BSc in Accounting and Finance) in 2014, he obtained his master degree in Banking and Finance from the International Hellenic University in 2016. In 2017, Evangelos joined the Adam Smith Business School to undertake his PhD in the area of financial reporting and disclosures of insurance firms. In parallel, he worked as graduate teaching assistant for a number of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Before joining academia, Evangelos practised accountancy for insurance firms in Greece.
Evangelos is a member of the School's Accounting research cluster.
Areas of expertise:
- Effects of financial reporting practices and disclosures on capital market participants
- Financial reporting and disclosures of insurance firms
- Climate-related disclosures
- ACCA, June, 2022 (with D.Baboukardos, R.Slack, I.Tsalavoutas and F.Tsoligkas): £7,740
- ICAS, May, 2022 (with D.Baboukardos and I.Tsalavoutas): £7000
Evangelos is currently teaching Advanced Financial Accounting (ACCFIN4007) at undergraduate level and International Corporate Governance & Accountability (ACCFIN5045) at postgraduate level.
Past teaching experience (as teaching assistant)
- International Financial Accounting for Multinational Corporations (ACCFIN5024)
- Financial Analysis and Equity Valuation (ACCFIN5200)
- Financial Information Management (ACCFIN5240)
- Corporate Finance and Valuation (ACCFIN5219)
- Financial Reporting and Interpretation (ACCFIN5013)
- Advanced Financial Corporate Reporting (ACCFIN5002)
- Entrepreneurial Finance for SMEs (MMGT5263)
- Advanced Financial Accounting (ACCFIN4007)
- Financial Accounting 1 (ACCFIN1004)
- Adam Smith Business School award for excellence in teaching (Accounting & Finance), December 2021
- Investment Foundations Certificate, CFA Institute, February 2020
- Columbia Business School, Columbia University, New York, US, February - March 2019