Professor Dimitris Christelis
- Professor of Economics (Economics)
Dimitris joined the Adam Smith Business School in August 2019. He has previously worked at the University of Salerno, the University of Naples Federico II and the European Central Bank. He holds an undergraduate degree from the Athens University of Economics and Business and a PhD in economics from the University of Pennsylvania.
Curriculum vitae: Dimitris Christelis CV (pdf file)
Dimitris is a member of the Applied Economics cluster.
Areas of expertise:
- Empirical macroeconomics
- Household finance
- Economics of ageing
- Health economics
Dimitris' research has been supported by grants from:
- European Union
- Greek Ministry of Education
- Kauffman Foundation
- Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research
- Network for Studies on Pensions, Aging and Retirement
- Observatoire de l’ Épargne Européenne
- Think Forward Initiative.
Dimitris is interested in supervising PhD students in the areas of empirical macroeconomics, household finance, microeconometrics, and the economics of ageing.
- Hossain, Altaf
Analysis of some effects of welfare payments in Bangladesh
- International Finance and Money