Mrs Alison Gibb
- Senior Lecturer in Marketing (Management) and MSc Management and Pathways Programme Convener (Management)
Alison Gibb joined the Adam Smith Business School in 2016, following an extensive career in industry where she gained substantial international experience marketing. Latterly she was Global Marketing Manager for the South African drinks company, Distell Ltd., where she held responsibility for the company’s Single Malt Scotch Whisky portfolio, developing and delivering business and brand strategy that resulted in significant value growth across the product portfolio.
Alison has a wealth of experience as a marketer having held a number of senior roles in a variety of sectors, which include food and drink as well as electronics. She is an active member of the Marketing Society Scotland and is currently serving as a member of their advisory council. Her strengths include brand positioning, brand management, marketing project management, communications and executional excellence.
Alison is a member of the Marketing research cluster.
Areas of expertise:
- Consumer insight
- Brand positioning and frameworks
- Brand strategy
- Innovation through tradition
2019 – Chartered Association of Business Schools, Chartered ABS Scholarship.
- International marketing consultancy
- Business and management: Introduction to marketing
- International marketing foresight
- Strategic marketing consultancy
- MBA consultancy project
- International management solutions (supervisor)
Alison is a Council Member of Marketing Society Scotland