COME TO GLASGOW
Welcoming study abroad and exchange students from around the world that study Accounting and Finance, Business and Management, and Economics
Visiting international exchange and study abroad students can stay for a single semester or a full academic year to study a range of modules taught on our undergraduate programmes at the Adam Smith Business School. Applications are made through your home institution's study abroad or international office.
Find details on the study abroad process from the Visiting Students team on the University's Global Opportunities page.
Undergraduate degree programme structures:
Visiting Business & Management and Economics students
Visiting students in Business & Management and Economics should also note the following:
- Level 3 and 5 courses in Economics and Business & Management are not available to incoming exchange students.
Incoming exchange students:
- wishing to take Level 4 courses in Economics must have passed intermediate level Microeconomics and Macroeconomics classes
- cannot combine Level 1, 2 and Level 4 courses
- cannot take Level 4 Business & Management courses if their background is not in Business & Management
- cannot take Level 4 Economics courses if their background is not in Economics
- attending the University of Glasgow for Semester 1 or for the full year must have their classes approved by the end of the add/drop period - Week 2 of Semester 1. Students attending in Semester 2 must have their classes approved by the end of Week 2 in that semester
- may attend lectures on an informal basis during the add/drop period until their courses are approved
- from engineering with no Economics background are directed to the Microeconomics E1 course
- from engineering with no Business & Management background are directed to the Professional Practice 5 course