Please read our privacy notice which covers all our in-person and online events. Should you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Pdf version here: GDPR notice UNESCO RILA 2020-2024
Privacy Notice for UNESCO RILA programme of events 2020-2024
Your Personal Data
The University of Glasgow will be what’s known as the ‘Data Controller’ of your personal data processed in relation to events organised by the UNESCO Chair in Refugee Integration through Languages and the Arts for the period 2020 - 2024. This privacy notice will explain how The University of Glasgow will process your personal data.
Why we need it
We are collecting your basic personal data such as name and email address in order to contact you in case of cancellation and in order to add you to our mailing list. We may record online events and use images from the event for marketing purposes, on our website, in our newsletter and on social media. If you wish to remain anonymous you can change or remove your name and switch off your camera and microphone for the duration of the event(s). We will only collect data that we need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
Legal basis for processing your data
We must have a legal basis for processing all personal data. In this instance, the legal basis is
- Consent – there is a consent clause on the registration form on Eventbrite
- All the personal data you submit is processed by staff at the University of Glasgow in the United Kingdom.
What we do with it and who we share it with
- For online events we use Zoom. They comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can read their privacy statement
- Participants come from all over the world and may take screen grabs of the event.
- For registration to our events, we use Eventbrite. Their server is based in the United States, but they comply with the European Union’s GDPR. For more information, please see their privacy statement.
- The meetings will be passcode protected and only registered participants will be able to join. After the first 10 minutes, the meeting will be locked. Participants have the right to change their name and switch off their camera, if they wish to remain anonymous throughout the events.
How long we keep it for
Your data will be retained by the University for the duration of the UNESCO Chair project, which runs until 31 December 2024. After this time, data will be securely deleted.
What your rights are*
You can request access to the information we process about you at any time. If at any point you believe that the information we process relating to you is incorrect, you can request to see this information and may in some instances request to have it restricted, corrected or, erased. You may also have the right to object to the processing of data and the right to data portability.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact the data protection office on email@example.com.
*Please note that the ability to exercise these rights will vary and depend on the legal basis on which the processing is being carried out.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact the University Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/
Event summary 2024
For full details of each event and to register, please visit our Eventbrite page unless another specific registration link is given. For our past events, please click here.
Lots of our events are recorded and turned into podcast episodes. Why not head on over to our Podcast section to listen to some of them!
Our upcoming events in 2024...
8 Mar 24
21-23 May 24
UNESCO RILA Spring School: The Arts of Integrating 2024! Theme: Word Springs
17-18 Aug 24
Rise & Shine festival at the Scottish Crannog Centre