Research title: Copyright Governance by Algorithms: Towards a More Transparent Regime?
- Intellectual Property
- Platform Governance
- Privacy and Data Protection Law
- AI Regulation
- Research Fellow of the first Research Sprint on 'AI and Content Moderation' (17/08 – 25/10/2020), organised by The Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG), within the project “The Ethics of Digitalisation – from principles to practices”.
- Iramina, A. (2020) "GDPR v. GDPL: Strategic Adoption of the Responsiveness Approach in the elaboration of Brazil's General Data Protection Law and the EU General Data Protection Regulation" (in Portuguese). Law, State and Telecommunications Review, Brasilia, v. 12, n. 2, p. 91-117, 13 Oct. 2020. DOI: https://doi.org/10.26512/lstr.v12i2
- Iramina, A. “Liability of Intermediary Service Providers for Copyright Infringement in Brazil: Challenges and Perspectives” (in Portuguese) in the Law Magazine “Direito e Novas Tecnologias” (Jul.Set/2019) – Thomson Reuters Revista dos Tribunais.
- Iramina, A., Spencer-Smith C., Yan, W. (2020). Disclosure Rules for Algorithmic Content Moderation. Research Sprint on AI and Content Moderation.
- “Challenges of New Technologies and New Business Models to the Copyright System” (in Portuguese) in the Book “Cultura e Pensamento – Cultura Digital e Economia da Cultura” – Coleção Invenções – UFG. November, 2017.
- Iramina, A. (2022) “Copyright User Guidance on Algorithms”. Copyrightuser.org. 10 March 2022. https://www.copyrightuser.org/understand/rights-permissions/algorithms/
College of Social Sciences (CoSS) PhD scholarship (2020-2023).
Conference Presentations (Selected)
- IBIL PhD Conference 2022 (UCL). Participant in the panel on copyright presenting my paper on "Copyright Governance by Algorithms: Rules and Standards on Algorithmic Transparency" (June, 2022)
- Intensive Doctoral Week (11th edition) Sciences Po. Participant in the "Writing Workshops" to discuss my PhD research on "Copyright Governance by Algorithms: empirical analysis of main nodes, networks, and social effects involving the use of algorithms by online platforms within the music streaming industry in the UK" (June, 2022)
-1st SCOTLIN Early Career Scholar's Symposium. Participant in the panel on "Intellectual Property Law, Technology and Sustainable Change" to discuss my PhD research on "Copyright Governance by Algorithms: Towards a More Transparent Regime?" (June, 2022)
- 1st Annual Conference of Scottish Law and Innovation Network. Participant in the panel "Righting Copywrongs" to discuss my research on "Copyright Governance by Algorithms: Rules and Standards on Algorithmic Transparency" (April, 2022)
- Fourth Intellectual Property & Innovation Researchers Asia Conference. Participant in one of the parallel sessions on "Digital Copyright" to present my research on "Copyright Governace by Algorithms: Rules and Standards on Algorithmic Transparency" (February, 2022)
- Global Congress of Intellectual Property and Public Interest. Participant in the "Workshop on Copyright and the Digital Economy" to present my research on "Content Moderation and Recommender Systems: why do we need to know more about copyright governance by algorithms?" (October, 2021)
- The X Internet Forum of Brazil. “Copyright and the Internet of 21st century” (September, 2020)
- XIII Congress on Copyright and Public Interest (CODAIP). “Copyright, Public Interest and Technological Convergence” (November, 2019)
- PROSPECT&I 2019. International Congress of PROFNIT. “ Copyright and New Technologies” (October, 2019)
- The 4th Global Congress on Intellectual Property and Public Interest. “Multilateral Agenda on Copyright and Related Rights” (December, 2015).
- Summer course LAW5033 IPL (UofG). "Copyright in the Digital Environment" (June, 2021)
- VI Workshop on IP for media professionals organised by WIPO and the National Confederation of Industry. “Introduction on Copyright in the Arts, Publishing Industry and on the Internet” (August, 2020)
- WIPO Summer School. “Copyright and New Creative Industries” (January, 2020)
- WIPO Summer School. “The use of protected content in the digital environment: new business models, broadcasting and satellite signals” and “Copyright and New Creative Industries” (July, 2019)
- III Workshop on IP for Media Professionals organised by WIPO and The National Confederation of Industry. “Copyright in the digital environment” (November, 2018)
- ENAP Specialization course on policy & sciences management, technology, and innovation. Intellectual Property and Technology Transference. “Basic concepts and the impact of new technologies on the copyright system” (March, 2018)
PhD Researcher and Digital Engagement Intern at CREATe
Civil Servant in Brazil’s federal government – currently on a leave of absence.
Qualified Lawyer in the “Brazilian Bar Association” (OAB)
LL.M in Intellectual Property Law at University College London (2016/2017)