Researcher Development Committee Remit
- Develop, monitor and evaluate institutional policy and strategy relating to training and development for research staff of all levels taking account of the University strategic objectives
- Promote the importance of researchers' personal and career development, and lifelong learning at all stages of their career.
- Ensure researchers are equipped and supported to be adaptable and flexible in an increasingly diverse, mobile, global research environment.
- Facilitate the production and deployment of a range of activities and resources, including student-led activities; training for research students and researchers throughout their career; and the development and use of new tools and packages for training purposes to meet the ambitions of the University and its research staff.
- Ensure feedback from the research community is taken into account when planning and implementing new training initiatives
- Promote and enhance the attractiveness of research careers
- Oversee the allocation, expenditure and reporting of funds identified for researcher development
- Facilitate the monitoring and evaluation of cross-University training developments
- Liaise effectively with other relevant internal/external partners to deliver synergies in training practice where possible
- Monitor and advise on implementation of the Concordat for Career Development of Researchers, ensuring alignment with national guidance on research career management
- VP (Research) (Chair)
- Representative from relevant HR Committee
- Representative(s) from each College Graduate School
- Representative from Research Planning Straetgy Committee
- Representative from each of Learning and Teaching Centre, Careers Service, Staff Development Service and PGR Office
- Researcher Development Officer
- SRC Student Representative with a focus on PGR
- Representative(s) from Postdoctoral Researcher Community (1 from each College)