In the event of an emergency, the lifts will not be in use.
If you need help to evacuate via the stairs, assistance is available.
Who to Advise:
- The building attendant of the building that you need assistance in evacuating;
- OR Security and Operational Support on (0141) 330 4282 (Gilmorehill) or (0141) 330 5799 (Garscube Vet School);
- OR The individual you are visiting.
If the fire alarm is activated in an emergency:
- Make your way to the nearest fire exit stairway;
- Inform the Fire Warden or other building users that you need help so that they can pass on this information to those managing the evacuation.
- If there is a telephone at your refuge area, use this to inform Security and Operational Support of your location. If there is not a telephone near you, use a mobile phone. Phone numbers in 'Who to Advise' section above.
- Stay in the stairway refuge area until the evacuation team arrive.