Ms Kerry Revel
- Research Strategy and Policy Manager (Research & Innovation Services)
I am responsible for supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of the University's strategies and policies relating to Research, Knowledge Exchange and Impact. I manage activities relating to all aspects of the institutional submission to the post-2014 REF, including the programme of REF UoA Reviews. I also work with colleagues in the University Library to deliver and promote institutional arrangements and support for Research Data Management.
Contact me for advice on...
- Institutional strategies and policies for Research, Knowledge Exchange and Impact.
- Internal and external policies, guidance and assessment criteria for REF2014 and the post-2014 REF.
- Processes and arrangements for REF UoA Reviews (January 2015–December 2016).
- Processes and arrangements for the Interim Research Reviews (July 2017–July 2018).
- Processes, arrangements and support for Research Data Management, including advice on preparation of Data Management Plans.
Kerry graduated from the University of Glasgow in 1997 with an Honours degree in Scots Law and a Diploma in Legal Practice. She first worked for the University between August 1997 and April 1999, when she was responsible for negotiating externally-sponsored contracts for research-related activities. Between April 1999 and May 2005, Kerry worked as a solicitor in private practice, primarily in the area of civil litigation. In 2014, she was seconded to HEFCE as a REF Panel Secretary. Working as part of the Executive Team for Sub-Panels 1 (Clinical Medicine) and 5 (Biological Sciences), she was responsible for planning and monitoring sub-panel work to ensure that assessments progressed to schedule, providing panellists with advice and guidance on all aspects of the assessment process.