Programme of events for LGBT History Month
Published: 12 February 2021
Colleagues are invited to attend a series of events to mark LGBT History Month
February is LGBT History Month, and colleagues are warmly invited to participate in events taking place across the university to mark it. These include:
- a panel discussion on progress towards equality with Jordan Daly (co-founder, Time for Inclusive Education), Mhairi Black MP, Colin McFarlane (Director, Stonewall Scotland), and Eleanor Capaldi;
- a virtual visit to the Large Hadron Collider with LGBTQ CERN;
- a special showing of the film 'Tangerine';
- a "Power Hour" discussion between Kezia Dugdale and Sen. Sarah McBride, the first openly transgender state senator in American history;
- a special event on archive materials reflecting the lives of LGBTQ+ students in the university;
- a conversation between award-winning writers Stella Duffy and Louise Welsh.
Do check back regularly, as events continue to be added.
First published: 12 February 2021