Erasmus+ Staff Mobility Fund now open for 2016-17
Issued: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 17:28:00 BST
Erasmus+ Staff Mobility funding is now available for 2016-17. There are training opportunities across Europe for all staff, and teaching opportunities in partner universities for academic staff.
In 2015-16, 24 staff made successful applications and went on to visit 23 universities across Europe.
Celine Reynaud, International Experiences Manager, took part in a staff training week at Radboud University in the Netherlands. She says: "This was a great opportunity to meet colleagues in my area of work from all over Europe and beyond. The topic of the training week was directly linked with my PDR objectives and provided a forum to exchange best practice, experience and ideas. Radboud is one of our preferred European partners for student exchanges so it was great to put a face to a name and get to know their staff better."
Benefits of mobility
As well as the direct professional and personal development of such international mobility, the 2015-16 participants reported other benefits including:
- Strengthening of partner relations to better promote exchange opportunities to students
- Meeting with current UofG students on Erasmus exchange at partner universities
- Building relations for future academic collaboration and on-going joint research projects
- Gaining new ideas for research and course syllabuses
- Developing new teaching material for future courses at Glasgow
- Promoting UofG to potential European postgraduate students
Both teaching and non-teaching staff are eligible to apply for Erasmus training funding, which includes short secondments, training courses and job shadowing.