Skype for Business
Skype for Business is now available for all students and staff. IT Services issued an update earlier this week.
Skype for Business provides instant messaging, audio and video conferencing and online meetings to let you work from anywhere (just about!)
You can use Skype for Business to:
- Instant message with friends and colleagues across the University.
- Immediately see colleagues' availability status when you add each other as a contact (available to students later in the academic year).
- Share a whiteboard for brainstorming with your colleagues in real-time.
- Share an application, desktop, or document on-screen in real-time. Polls and Q&A
- Initiate audio or video chats / conferences with online contacts.
- Share with anyone outside the University too, they can use the Skype for Business web app
It’s available from University-supported workstations for students and staff – and on your own devices.
Office 2016 is on student PCs now. If staff use Standard Staff desktop, and don’t yet have Office 2016, install it from the software centre icon on your desktop.
Remember, on your personal devices, all students and staff can install Office 2016 from Office 365.
See more information about how to access Skype for Business and training videos on IT Services webpages.
First published: 3 October 2016