Colin Mason leads Canadian angel investing report
Issued: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 10:51:00 BST
Colin Mason, Professor of Entrepreneurship in the Adam Smith Business School, is the lead author of the 2015 Report on Angel Investing Activity in Canada. The report was launched by the National Angel Capital Association (NACO) of Canada this week in Montreal.
- 32 Angel groups across Canada, representing 1,650 active Angels, made 283 investments amounting to $133.6 million.
- The average deal size was $1.16 million.
- 67% of Angels are located in Central Canada, 28% in Western and 5% in Eastern Canada.
- Central Canada continues to be the hotspot for Angel investment activity with 71% of investments made in the area.
- 63% of funding falls within two sectors: information-communication technology and health related companies.
This was NACO’s sixth annual report, giving Canada some of the best information on angel investment trends of any country in the world. Colin was also involved in writing the first and second annual reports. His involvement with NACO reflects both his status as one of the leading international authorities on angel investing - which is based on more than 25 years of research on the topic - and his long-standing research and teaching links with Canada.
The report has been featured in the Canadian media, including its leading national newspaper The Globe and Mail.