Let's Talk About [X]
Let's Talk About [X] is a multidisciplinary conference for University of Glasgow undergraduate students where you can present your research.
Dates: Wednesday 10 February 2016, 12.00-17.00 and Thursday 11 February 2016, 12.00-17.00
We are looking for submissions of interest in presenting your research (part of your course/dissertation or pursued out of your own interest) to an audience of students from all four University of Glasgow Colleges.
You have 10 minutes to talk and try to convince us why your subject deserves to be studied, and then use something you've researched as an example of the output we get from it.
- Get mentoring from trained PhD students to help develop your talk
- Learn how to speak about an academic subject to a non-specialist
- Watch a recording of your presentation (if you want to) and see what you did well
- Get feedback on your presentation
- It's a friendly atmosphere
- Show off your research!
- Add something to your CV that very few other students will be able to match
Submit a short abstract detailing why non-specialists should know more about your subject. Successful applicants will get access to training in how to deliver outstanding presentations.
Submissions open until Wednesday 20 January 2016.
Register to attend the conference for free. Each day is ticketed separately.
We look forward to seeing you on what’ll be two really fun afternoons.
First published: 18 January 2016