Boost for Office 365
Issued: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 11:02:00 GMT
Last week IT Services ran a series of events promoting the use of Microsoft Office 365 including pop-up events, an IT forum and a presentation at the PA's network, writes Drew McConnell, IT Services.
Two pop-up events were held in the Fraser Building and 1A the Square. A forum for the University IT Community gave an outline of our possible future direction and stimulated a wide ranging discussion. A similar presentation and discussion was held at the University PA's Network and was well received.
“We want to raise awareness of the direction of travel and all the possible benefits that Office 365 offers for University students and staff in terms of collaboration and mobile working,” said IT Services Diane Montgomery.
Why use Office 365?
- Built for teamwork - Office 2016 makes it easy to share documents, work together, and use IM, voice and video to get things done.
- Across all devices - Access your documents and work from anywhere.
- Co-authoring - Work together in Office 2016 and online.
- Share with anyone you choose - You can share files inside and outside your company. You always control access.
- Online meetings - Work like you’re all in one room, even when you’re not. Use Skype for Business for video conferencing,
- World-class data security - Office 365 meets all of our security requirements in addition to our needs for regulatory and legal compliance.
- Office suite downloads & apps - 5 copies for PCs or Macs and 5 copies on other mobile devices, including Android, iPad, and Windows tablets.
- One Drive for Business - 1 TB+ of cloud storage. You can share with anyone you wish.
- Office Online view, create and edit Office documents using only a browser
- Skype for business – for video conferencing whenever you want to, with anyone inside or outside the University.
- Yammer - social networking tool which can be used by University of Glasgow students and staff to create networks and communities.
- Exchange Online – student Email with large mailbox, calendar, people and tasks for new students and as an upgrade for existing students.
Get it now
Please note: standard staff desktop users should only install Office 2016 from the software centre icon on their desktop.
Use your University email address & GUID password.
Training and user-guides