Getting around Glasgow
- Routes 4, 4A and 15 run through the main campus from the city centre.
- Other routes serve Dumbarton Road, Great Western Road and Byres Road.
- A Glasgow city tourist bus stops at the University.
- The main station for the University is Hillhead.
- Kelvinhall and Kelvinbridge stations are more convenient for some parts of the campus.
- Subway map [PDF]
- More information on travel by subway and ticketing options.
The nearest suburban rail station is Partick, about one mile west of the University. It has an interchange with the subway and with bus services on Dumbarton Road.
Black taxi cabs can be picked up at most times in the University area and the city centre. You can also phone for a black taxi cab on 0141 429 7070.
We have a number of places to park bicycles across campus. If you want to find out more about locations of cycle parking facilities, showers, bus stops, gates and car parking areas on our main campus, you can consult our Travel Planning pages.
Journey planning apps
Greater Glasgow First Bus and ScotRail have apps for both timetables and ticket buying. The Traveline Scotland app gives information for journeys across Scotland.