How to get here
How to get here
- 7 miles west of the University
- First Bus service (77) connects the West End of Glasgow and the airport. The Glasgow Airport Express bus service connects the city centre and the airport.
- Taxi fare from the airport to the West End costs approximately £21. From the city centre to the West End costs approximately £8.
- Direct flight connections to all major European hubs, plus North America and the Middle East
- 33 miles south west of the University
- Dedicated rail station
- Airport bus service to city centre takes around 45 minutes
- 42 miles east of the University
- Bus Service (Citylink Air) direct to Buchanan Street Bus Station in Glasgow
Buchanan Bus Station is the main terminus for long distance coaches and is close to Buchanan Street subway station. Timetables at www.travelinescotland.com
Intercity links to all major cities. Frequent services to Edinburgh (50 minutes) and London (5 hours). There are two city-centre terminals, Glasgow Queen Street and Glasgow Central (served by Buchanan St and St Enoch subway stations respectively). Timetables at www.travelinescotland.com
Motorway links provide access to major UK cities. Visit Google Maps for maps and directions.
From Carlisle, Newcastle and the south, exit M74 on to the M73, joining the M8 at the Old Monkland junction. M8 exits for the University are J18 if travelling from the south, Edinburgh and the north and J19 if coming from Glasgow Airport and the west. Other main routes serving the University include Great Western Road (A82, north of campus), Clydeside Expressway (A814, south) and Byres Road (B808, west).
On campus parking is limited to permit holders. Car parking in the areas around the campus is extremely difficult. There are various pay & display parking spaces around the local Byres Road and Kelvin Way areas but spaces are limited. You may want to consider using the city's Subway Park & Ride scheme. This service costs around £5 and Kelvinbridge subway station has parking which is only 5 minutes walk away.
Also see Getting around Glasgow