‘Chinese Bridge’ UK Regional Final Competition 2023
Published: 31 March 2023
Registration deadline extended 05/05/2023 at 12pm midday, with free training provided by the Confucius Institute.
‘Chinese Bridge’ UK Regional Final Competition 2023 - Preliminary Round now open!
Current students of the University of Glasgow who would like to participate are welcomed to register their interest by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org for further details by the deadline of Friday the 5th April 2023 at 12:00pm midday.
Candidates will receive free training to prepare them for this competition from the Confucius Institute at the University of Glasgow.
The Confucius Institute at the University of Glasgow are pleased to announce that the preliminary round for the ‘Chinese Bridge’ UK Regional Final Competition 2023 is now open.
The ‘Chinese Bridge’ Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreign University/College Students is a large-scale international contest organised by Centre for Language Education and Cooperation of the Chinese Ministry of Education.
The competition tests the contestants of their Chinese language proficiency, knowledge of China, Chinese cultural skills and comprehensive abilities in the format of Mandarin speeches, quizzes, Chinese cultural artistic performances and video submissions.
Applicants must be:
- Students registered at a UK University
- 18 – 30 years old
- Non-Chinese nationals
- Those who have not grown up in China, and do not have parents/guardians who are native Chinese speakers
Finalists who entered the global finals in the previous 2022 session are not eligible to apply.
The preliminary rounds for the 2023 competition are now open, and we encourage current students of the University of Glasgow who would like to participate to register their interest by contacting email@example.com for further details by the deadline of Friday the 5th April 2023 at 12:00pm midday.
If successful, we can then help you to prepare for the competition by supporting you to:
- Complete the ‘Registration Form for Participation in the Semi-finals' application online for submission no later than Friday the 5th May 2023
- Submit 2 x essays to be presented orally no more than than three minutes long on the topic of Chinese Learning for submission no later than Friday the 26th May 2023
- Submit a short video no more than two minutes long on topic of Chinese language and culture (which will be used as scoring content in semi-finals/finals) for submission no later than Friday the 26th May 2023
For more information on the competition, or to register your interest for the preliminary round, please contact the University of Glasgow Confucius Institute team.
Tel: +44 (0)141 330 7730
Address: Confucius Institute, Room 202, McIntyre Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8QQ.
For more information on the full competition including what is involved in each round, competition dates, prizes and awards please see the full guidance document here: 'Chinese Bridge' UK Regional Final Competition 2023
First published: 31 March 2023