Glasgow Science Festival Creating Engineers
This annual competition is a chance for P5/6 pupils in the West of Scotland to apply their teamwork, construction skills and imagination to various engineering based challenges using K'Nex kits. Pupils work in pairs and compete at various levels to become the West of Scotland champions. Engaging with over 12,000 pupils and 350 schools per annum.
GSF 2021: Glasgow Connects Bridge Building Challenge
COVID restrictions mean we havent been able to run the competition this year so instead, we invite you to take part in our classroom challenge!
The theme for GSF21 is Glasgow Connects. Celebrating Glasgow’s role in COP26. Our festival theme and this challenge are a nod to the importance of making connections and building bridges with other countries to achieve COP26s objectives. It’s also linked to the building of a new active travel bridge beside the Riverside Museum. Connecting Partick and Govan across the river Clyde.
So we want you to:
- Build a bridge to span the Clyde
- Suitable for active travel
- Allow large ships to travel up river
Download our GSF2021 Creating Engineers Challenge Pack for all the info.
Share your bridges with us on GSF social media and tag us using #GSFCreatingEngineers and #ScienceOnTheSofa
Schools only: Until 31st October 2021
- All schools who take part and register with us will receive a classroom challenge certificate
- Schools in the competition catchment area and target age range (P5 & 6) can register with us to receive the classroom certificate and pin badges for the pupils. Full details are provided in the challenge info pack