The participation in the 1st UK Circuits and Systems (UKCAS) Workshop 2018 is free. However, because a large number of invited guests and limited venue occupancy (see venue webpage), the maximum number of participants will be 100 for this year of the workshop.
Student Travel Award
The UKCAS 2018 workshop offers a number of travel awards to the students on competition basis. The travel awards are to promote diversity of the workshop attendance. This grant is, particularly for the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society student members. These travel supports will enable sharing scientific information and stimulating research interests for students in the field of Circuits and Systems.
Conditions for receiving an award are as follows:
- The applicant must be a student at the UK and Ireland institutions with more than 2 hours train distance from Glasgow.
- The applicant must be an IEEE Circuits and Systems Society student member at the time he/she attends the workshop.
Each award is up to $200 subject to the travel reimbursement. A student who is awarded a student travel grant must attend the workshop in person. The student must register and attend. Payment will only be made to the student as long as the award recipient submits the expense report (with receipts) after the workshop.
HOW TO APPLY
The application should be submitted by email to email@example.com
The application must include the following:
- A support letter from the student's advisor
- Student’s CV
Note: Applicants are encouraged to make their travel plans without depending on award notification to ensure the lowest cost.
- Application deadline: November 15, 2018
- Acceptance notification: November 22, 2018