College of Social Sciences Undergraduate Transfer Policy
Please note this policy is supplementary to the University Transfer Policy – please see: http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/senateoffice/policies/studentsupport/studenttransferpolicy/#/policyandguidelines
- New entry students (post application and/or post admission) in the first year of study will be permitted to transfer into or from undergraduate degree programmes in the College only between 1st August and the end of Teaching week 2 in any academic session providing they have met the initial entry requirements for the degree programme the student wishes to transfer into.
- Any students entering year 2 or later years who apply to transfer into or from an undergraduate degree programme in the College of Social Sciences must: a) Meet the initial entry requirements for the degree programme the student wishes to transfer into and/or have an excellent academic record in the degree programme from which they wish to transfer. AND b) have substantial personal or other reasons justifying a transfer of degree programme (such as a transfer in order to be able to graduate in a specific subject or combination of subjects).
- A student who wishes to transfer from a degree programme must obtain the agreement of the relevant Chief Adviser for that programme in order to apply for transfer.
- In taking a decision on whether to permit a transfer request a Chief Adviser may take into account the funding arrangements for the student concerned.
- Transfers into Honours permitted in relation to a student’s choice of Honours subject(s) will be processed during the Summer vacation period between years 2 and 3.
Supplementary Transfer Policy – MA (Social Sciences) Degree Programme
- Any students wishing to transfer into the MA (Social Sciences) degree programme are advised in the first instance to consult the MA (Social Sciences) Advising & Student Support Team in Room 206b, Lilybank House, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students seeking to transfer into the MA (Social Sciences) degree programme that have been referred to the progress committee for their current degree will not be considered for transfer.
- Specific course requirements in relation to transfers from other degree programmes into Honours Subjects within the MA (Social Sciences) degree programme are set out in the University Regulations, under section 4.2 Entry to Honours, paragraph 4.2.2 in the Universty Regulations
- Students seeking to transfer into the MA (Social Sciences) degree programme must meet the course requirements of the Subject(s) to which they wish to transfer within the MA (Social Sciences) degree programme (contact the MA (Social Sciences) Advising & Student Support Team for guidance if required – see contact details above).